The executive of the Toronto Hydroplane and Sailing Club is committed to the prevention of accidents and personal injury of its members, guests and contractors. We will comply with all relevant legislation and participate with allied associations, clubs and agencies in their efforts to develop and establish programs with the objective of improving safety related to our club's activities. We will not be satisfied with the status quo and will work to continually improve our safety programs.
To accomplish this, we will:
- Conduct planned inspections of our facilities to identify and eliminate or safeguard hazards.
- Investigate in writing all reported incidents that have or could have resulted in personal injury or property damage with an objective of preventing a recurrence.
- Provide education and awareness programs to our members to enhance their knowledge of safe boating practices and related activities.
- Develop written procedures and rules for members and contractors to conduct their activities safely while on club premises.
- Work with other clubs in developing safety programs of mutual benefit including emergency response.
- Actively support and promote safe practices of all our members, guests and contractors.
Adherence to club safety policies and rules is a condition
of membership. The club executive reserves the right to take disciplinary
action against club members, guests and contractors who violate
safety rules and procedures or act in a manner that could, or did,
result in an personal injury or property damage. All members,
guests and contractors are encouraged to apply the intent and spirit
of this policy to further the enjoyment and safety of our club and